Overviewmathlayer's built-in user interface (UI) has been designed to facilitate developments while preserving the application's performance, lightness and seamless deployment.
The UI is split into 4 windows:
- Command Line
- Output Console
- Variable Browser
- Command History
The background colors, font colors and font sizes are customizable for each window using the ui function.
Command LineThe command line window allows you to type and execute code and supports:
- Autocompletion: TAB/UP/DOWN keys allow to navigate through possible completions, RIGHT ARROW key validates completion
- Commands history navigation: UP/DOWN ARROW takes you to the previous/next command
- Multiline coding: ATL+ENTER inserts a line break
- Opening user defined functions: CTRL+CLICK on a selected function name opens the corresponding m-file with your default editor
Output ConsoleThe output console window displays results of mathlayer commands executed from the UI. It can hold up to a million characters, after which it will start removing characters from the top and therefore the oldest output will be deleted first.
You can also select and copy (CTRL+C) any section of the output being displayed.
Calling clc function clears the output console window.
Variable BrowserThe variable browser displays all mathlayer variables defined in your session.
- DOUBLE CLICK displays a variable's values in the output console
- RIGHT CLICK copies a variable's values into the clipboard
Each time a new variable is created the variable browser is updated accordingly. This is the case independently of whether the call to mathlayer is made from the UI or from an external application.
Calling clear function clears all session's variables and therefore the variable browser too.
Command HistoryThe command history window stores up to a thousand commands.
- DOUBLE CLICK executes the selected command
- RIGHT CLICK copies the selected command into the clipboard